The Spring Fling is a wonderful annual tradition at Heartwood that both the students and staff look forward to all year. This year it will be held on Saturday, May 6th from 2-5 in the afternoon.
This is basically how it works:
Before the Event
- Classrooms choose a “booth” to organize. It may be a game, activity or even some type of food for sale. They set the price for their “booth” and all sales go directly to their classroom.
- Parent volunteers and staff members help to run each activity. Room Reps usually create sign-ups for their classroom which helps to organize volunteers.
- Game tickets ($0.50 each) are sold during carpool the week before the event (and on the day of the event) and can be charged to your account.
- Comfortable play clothes are perfect for the Spring Fling. (Don’t forget sunscreen!)
At the Event
- Although the event is on the playground, please enter through the front door. Just inside the lobby you will find name tags for your family. They are color coded. If you see someone with the same color name as you, that means they will be in your class next year! (This is a new feature that we are excited to try out!)
- Use your game tickets to buy food, play games or participate in activities. Food choices will be shared the week of the event.
- Socialize! This is a great opportunity to meet families that are new to Heartwood and to connect with our existing community of families.
The Beloved Teacher Raffle
- Every year, teachers raffle off an activity to our students. (Picnic at a park with their teacher, ice cream out, a movie, etc.) Our students have absolutely loved this in years past!
- Raffle tickets ($1 each) can be purchased during carpool and at the day of the event. (Not the same tickets as game tickets)
- White bags will be displayed in the lobby with each teacher’s name and raffle activity listed on the front. Place your raffle tickets, with your child’s name written on them, in the bag with the activity you are hoping to win. You can put as many tickets as you’d like in any of the bags!
- Raffle winners will be drawn during the Spring Fling. If you are not present for the drawing, you will be notified via email.
The Book Fair
- The Spring Fling kicks off our book fair. The deadline for ordering books is Friday, May 12th. There are several different ways to participate:
- Flyers and order forms will be sent home on Friday, May 5th. The flyers contain a sampling of some of Usborne’s most popular titles. You can also view the complete catalog or order online by following this link.
- There will be a “cash-and-carry” display at the Spring Fling itself. You can choose to charge your account or have an invoice sent to you via email.
- If you are interested in purchasing books for your child’s classroom, teacher wish lists will be available to view at the Spring Fling and online. You may purchase books directly for your child’s classroom or you may make a general donation so that teacher’s can select the books themselves.
- Any books that are not purchased during the Spring Fling can be delivered to the school (free of charge) or directly to your home (with a shipping fee). Books will be distributed the week of May 22nd.
- Heartwood will receive a graduated percentage of the book sales:
- Up to $999 – 10%
- $1,000-$1,999 – 15%
- Over $2,000 – 20%
We are excited to share this wonderful afternoon with you and hope to see you there. If you have any additional questions about the event, please contact Samantha Chase (samantha@heartwoodmontessori.