The Spring Fling is a wonderful annual tradition at Heartwood that both the students and staff look forward to all year. It’s usually held at the end of April or beginning of May; check the calendar for current dates.
This is basically how it works:
Before the Event
- Classrooms choose a “booth” to organize. It may be a game, activity or even some type of food for sale. They set the price for their “booth” and all sales go directly to their classroom.
- Parent volunteers and staff members help to run each activity. Room reps or teachers usually create sign-ups for their classroom to organize volunteers.
- Game tickets ($0.50 each) are sold in the lobby the week before (and on the day of the event) and can be charged to your account.
- Comfortable play clothes are perfect for the Spring Fling. Don’t forget sunscreen!
At the Event
- Look for overflow parking at 509 and 511 Kildaire, or in one of Cary’s public lots (at the library on Academy St., or behind the First United Methodist church, accessed via Waldo and S. Walker Streets).
- Use your game tickets to buy food, play games or participate in activities.
- Have fun! This is a great opportunity to meet families that are new to Heartwood and to connect with our existing community of families.
The Teacher Raffle
- Every year, teachers raffle off an activity to our students. (Picnic at a park with their teacher and a friend, ice cream out, a movie, etc.) Our students absolutely love this!
- Special raffle tickets ($1 each) can be purchased in the lobby and at the day of the event.
- Raffle bags will be displayed in the lobby during the week leading up to the Fling. Place your raffle tickets, with your child’s name written on them, in the bag with the activity you are hoping to win. You can put as many tickets as you’d like in any of the bags!
- Raffle winners are drawn during the Spring Fling. If you are not present for the drawing, you will be notified via email.
We are excited to share this wonderful afternoon with you and hope to see you there. If you have any additional questions, please contact the front office staff.