What is the Parent Education Program?
Formerly known as the Parent Awareness Group, the Parent Education Program (PEP) provides Heartwood families with a forum to discuss challenges, share parenting resources, and broaden understanding.
Depending on what most interests our school’s community, PEP Talks may include book discussions, parenting workshops, or presentations from guest speakers. The topics are determined at the first Parent Support Group meeting of the year.
When and where do PEP Talks take place?
Programs begin in September, on the school’s campus. Meeting times and details vary. Evening programs often include free childcare for ages 3 and up.
6-Week Positive Discipline Course for Parents of All Ages
Dates: Tuesday evenings (10/16; 10/23; 11/6; 11/13; 11/27; 12/4)
Time: 6:15pm – 8:15 pm
Leader: Jean Wittig, Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator
Cost: Suggested: $125/person, $50 for a companion. Sliding scale available starting at $7/class; Email Ginny@Heartwoodmontessori.com for details.
Description: This course utilizes the “Positive Discipline Workbook” ($12) and other resources to tailor the program to participants’ specific needs. Childcare will be available for ages 3+
Curious what might be covered in a PEP Talk? Check out some of our past topics to get a better idea. Interested in hearing one of these speakers again? Please let us know!
- Age-specific Saturday Retreats for parents of the Toddler-10 year old and Tween/Teen age groups with Jean Wittig
- Positive Time-Out for Parents: the Importance of Self-Care in Positive Discipline with Jean Wittig
- Parenting without Screaming with Jean Wittig
- Developmental Differences & the Whole Child Approach in Montessori with Bridget Dickerson
- Sleep Solutions with Irene Gouge
- Reading and Language Development featuring both a reading teacher and Speech-Language Pathologist
- Positive Discipline with Liane Watson
- Conscientiousness and Mindful Living
- Orenstein Solutions with psychologist Dr. Daniel Sheras
- Heartmath with Terry McDougall EdS
We'd love to hear from you!
We're always eager to answer questions — please contact us and we'll be happy to talk.