All documents are in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF reader, you can download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader here.
Completed forms may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (919) 461-8386, mailed, or dropped off during school hours.
Coming up blank? Make sure you save or print as PDF after completing each form in order to keep your work!
Heartwood is not currently accepting applications for enrollment.
Resources and Documents
- Parent Handbook (updated October 2019)
- Discipline and Bullying Policies
- NC Childcare Law
- Shaken Baby / Abusive Head Trauma Policy
- Dropping Off: Morning carpool takes place from 8:15-8:45am. If you arrive prior to 8:15am or after 8:45am, please park in a designated space and walk your child to their class.
- Picking Up: Afternoon carpool takes place from 2:45-3:10pm. Toddlers, Children’s House, and Elementary release at 2:45pm, but the Middle and High School stays in class until 3:00pm. If you arrive before your child’s class releases, please park in a designated space and we will bring your child to the car. Students who have not been picked up by 3:10pm will proceed to aftercare. Aftercare ends at 5:30pm. When picking up from aftercare, be sure to check your child out with the teacher on duty. Please note that childcare is not available past 5:30pm.
- Half-Day Dismissal Schedule: Toddlers and Children’s House release at 11:30am, followed by Elementary and Upper School at 11:45am. Older siblings release with their younger sibs (so a child in Upper Elementary will release with their Children’s House sibling at 11:30am). All students should be picked up by 12:00pm. Childcare is not available on half-days past 12:00pm without prior arrangement.
- Inclement Weather Policy: School closure, delay, and early release information is communicated to parents via email, posted on the Heartwood Families Facebook group, and added to this website as a pop-up. Decisions regarding delayed opening are made no later than 7:00am on the affected day(s); please check your email before getting on the road.Please note that Heartwood does not follow Wake County Public Schools’ closure/delay schedule. Many times, WCPSS will need to delay or cancel due to bus safety concerns while we will remain open. That said, our staff and students come from all over the Triangle, and we respect your judgement as to the safety of your commute. If you choose not to attend due to weather, please email your teacher and/or the office.