What is Educational Outreach?
Formerly known as the Parent Awareness Group, or PAG, our Educational Outreach series provides Heartwood families with a forum to discuss challenges, share parenting resources, and broaden understanding.
Depending on what most interests our school’s community, programs in the Educational Outreach series may feature book discussions, parenting workshops, or presentations from guest speakers. The topics are determined at the first Parent Support Group meeting of the year.
When and where do EO programs take place?
Programs begin in October, on the school’s campus. Meeting times and details vary although they tend to be in the evening with childcare provided for ages 3 and up.
Attend the Fall PSG Meeting (details TBD) to suggest topics and vote for your favorites.
Curious what might be covered in an EO meeting? Check out some of our past topics to get a better idea. Interested in hearing one of these speakers again? Please let us know!
- Parenting without Screaming with Jean Wittig
- Developmental Differences & the Whole Child Approach in Montessori with Bridget Dickerson
- Sleep Solutions with Irene Gouge
- Reading and Language Development featuring both a reading teacher and Speech-Language Pathologist
- Positive Discipline with Liane Watson
- Conscientiousness and Mindful Living
- Orenstein Solutions with psychologist Dr. Daniel Sheras
- Heartmath with Terry McDougall EdS